Please follow these instructions for submitting your paper if your manuscript review is Accepted with Major Revisions or Accepted with Minor Revisions. You must: 1) meet the June 22, 2019 deadline and 2) you must submit a Comments Addressed document along with your final manuscript to be considered for the FIE conference.
- If your paper was accepted with no revisions, please go to this page for instructions on submitting your Final Manuscript
- You need to submit two (2) documents: 1) your final manuscript in Camera-Ready Format and 2) a document summarizing the Comments Addressed
- Be sure that you read all Reviewer instructions, and when applicable, the Technical Program Chair suggestions.
- Cut and paste each of these suggestions into a new document entitled Comments Addressed. You will need to indicate how you have addressed each of these suggestions in your final paper submission.
- Edit your manuscript addressing each of the suggestions from each Reviewer and the Technical Program Chair.
- Edit your Comments Addressed document by summarizing how you addressed each Reviewer and Technical Program Chair suggestion.
- Due June 22, 2019: Upload your Comments Addressed document in your EDAS paper record
- Due June 22, 2019: Use instructions below to submit your final manuscript in camera-ready format. The TPC assigned your paper will review your final manuscript and your Comments Addressed document. You will be notified by June 28, 2019, if your final document is accepted
Prepare the final version of the manuscript using the paper templates linked below
- The final version of a Full Paper CANNOT EXCEED 8 PAGES, with 1 additional page of references, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The final version of a WIP (Work In Progress) manuscript CANNOT EXCEED 4 pages, with 1 additional page of references. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please do not include ‘WIP’ or ‘Work in Progress’ in the title of your final manuscript. It is no longer a requirement for FIE.
- The first sentence of your abstract should carefully indicate what type of paper you are contributing to FIE (Full Paper, Work in Progress, Special Session or Panel). In addition, if you are submitting a Full Paper or Work in Progress paper, you should also indicate the category (Innovate Practice, Research-to-Practice or Research) in the first sentence of your abstract. For example: “This Research to Practice Full Paper presents…..”
- Include all final author names and affiliations in the EDAS paper record and final version (please note that blind manuscript(s) are only used during the review process, not final submissions)
- The Proceedings will use the information from the EDAS paper record
Assuming that your paper will be accepted, be sure to review your final manuscript and include all the correct author names, citations, references, and affiliations. The following checklist may be useful:
- Search through the manuscript and remove third-person references to your own work e.g. include phrases like “as we have shown before” and replace citations (and affiliated references) such as [Anonymous, 2007]”.
- Make sure figures include necessary affiliation related identifiers
- Update all citations such as ‘[Anonymous, 2007]’ with the correct information.
- Update all references: ‘[Anonymous 2007] Details omitted for double-blind reviewing.’ with the correct information.
- Include relevant references to funding sources
- Include acknowledgments
- An electronic version of the manuscript must be generated for the conference proceedings.
An electronic version of the manuscript must be generated for the conference proceedings
Before generating the electronic version of the manuscript, authors should ensure that the manuscript is formatted as specified in the paper template. The final paper should not contain headers, footers or page numbers. Regardless of its initial format, the file containing the final version of the paper must be transformed in the PDF format using the IEEE PDF express web tool. PDF files generated by means of other tools are not acceptable.
To generate the IEEE Xplore compatible PDF file of your final manuscript, follow the steps used when generating the pdf of your previous review manuscript:
To generate the IEEE Xplore compatible PDF file of your paper, follow these steps:
- Create your IEEE PDF eXpress account by going to http://www.pdf-express.org and using Conference ID: 43999x
The first time you access the system, please follow the link for New Users.
- Once you are registered as a user, upload the source file (containing your manuscript) for conversion.
- After you have uploaded your source file, you will receive the IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF by email. This IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file is ready for upload to EDAS.
Upload the electronic version of the final manuscript on EDAS by June 22.
- Log in to EDAS once you receive your Xplore compatible PDF.
- Upload your manuscript – Click the My Papers tab. Click the upload icon (third column from the right) and a dialog box will open that will enable you to select and upload your manuscript via the web or via FTP.
- Check author names and affiliations in EDAS database – Make sure ALL authors that will appear on your final manuscript, are assigned as authors on the manuscript in the EDAS database. Make sure that all names and affiliations match what is on your manuscript EXACTLY.
- Update the Abstract field in EDAS using the abstract from your final manuscript. Click the Edit icon in the Abstract row in your manuscript view to update your abstract. Make sure that the abstract in the EDAS database matches EXACTLY to the abstract in the final manuscript. Please note that the abstract of the PDF final manuscript is limited to 200 words
- The TPC Chair assigned to your paper will review your final manuscript and your Comments Addressed document.
If your manuscript is accepted, you need to complete the following:
- Fill in and sign the IEEE Copyright Transfer form.
NO PAPER WILL BE PUBLISHED WITHOUT THE SUBMITTED COPYRIGHT FORM. The IEEE is enforcing strict copyright rules. For your convenience, the copyright form is made available electronically through EDAS. To access the copyright form, click on the ‘My Papers’ tab and then click on the copyright icon under the copyright column.
Note: US Government copyrights are only to be used by authors employed by the US government.
Authors who are not authorized to sign a copyright transfer form, should download the paper version of a copyright transfer form, fill it in, and ask an authorized person to sign it. Then, send the completed form to the FIE 2019 Publications Administrator by fax: +1 (352) 872 5545.
- Prepare the presenter’s biography form.
Please declare who will be presenting the paper at the conference on EDAS. To declare the presenter, click the ‘My Papers’ tab, click on your paper title, and then click the Change/Add icon in the Presenter row. Indicate who will present the paper and click Choose presenter. Presenters must fill out a short bio (50-word max) on EDAS by going to the ‘My Profile’ tab and filling in the information in the ‘Brief bio’ field. Information in this form will be used by the session chairperson to introduce the presenter.
- Be sure to Register Online
At least one author MUST register at the full (i.e. $500+) rate by July 16, 2019, for your paper to be included in the proceedings. Student fees do not ensure publication of a paper – no exceptions. Registration is now open.
NO PAPER WILL BE PUBLISHED IN THE PROCEEDINGS WITHOUT THE AUTHOR’S COMPLETED REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT.
*PUBLICATION POLICY: FIE expects paper authors or a designated alternate to register and present their paper at the conference. Papers not presented at the conference will normally be removed from the conference record including all online proceedings databases.