Persons who would like to be considered as a faculty fellow must submit a full paper and follow the same submission process as others for a full paper. You will only need to indicate that you would like to be considered to become a faculty fellow by checking the box in EDAS when completing your submission.
January 25, 2019 (Extended Deadline) – Initial proposals are due.
February 4, 2019 – Authors will be notified of acceptance, acceptance with suggestions, or rejection of their proposal.
March 26, 2019 – Responses to suggestions for modifications or clarifications are due.
July 9, 2019 – Final session descriptions, outlines, summaries, and accompanying papers are due.
The FIE New Faculty Fellows Grant provides up to five $1000 grants to assist the recipients in traveling to the conference. The $1000 grant is awarded after the conference and is awarded only to fellows who:
- attend the entire conference (through Saturday),
- participate in all activities organized for the faculty fellows,
- present their paper in a conference session, and
- produce a poster about their career, teaching, and research interests for display during the “Focus on Faculty Fellows” session
Authors who have submitted a full paper or work in progress and are either:
- Tenure or non-tenure track junior faculty in engineering or computer science with no more than two years of employment in an academic institution of higher education, at the time of the abstract submission, or
- Doctoral candidates defending dissertations during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Since 2011, this grant has been made possible by the Educational Research and Methods Division (ERM) of the American Society for Engineering Education. From 2005 – 2010, the grant program was sponsored by the Center for the Advancement of Scholarship on Engineering Education (CASEE) of the National Academy of Engineering (NAE). Prior to that, sponsors were the Microsoft Corporation, the Verizon Corporation, the Lemelson New Education Assistance Program, the National Science Foundation, and the Sloan Foundation. The past award winners, from the inception of the award in 1997, can be found here.
If you have any questions about the FIE New Faculty Fellows Grant, please contact Paul Gannon [email protected] and/or Idalis Villanueva [email protected]