See below for a list of Frequently Asked Questions
- Which registration types cover paper publication?
Only IEEE member, non-member, or sole student author fees are allowed to cover the publication of an accepted paper. To qualify for member rates, the membership number must be provided in the registration form. If the author registering to cover the paper publication is a student, the appropriate sole student author fee must be paid.
- How do I become an IEEE Member?
Visit www.ieee.org/join to become an IEEE Member. After receiving your IEEE Member Number, you may register at the IEEE Member Rate.
- How can I request a refund?
Please email the Contact to request a refund for registration.
- How do I receive an invitation letter?
Send your registration confirmation to the Contact. You must register for the conference before requesting an invitation letter.
In your email, provide the following information: complete name, mailing address, registration confirmation number, paper number, paper title, and any other details that your country of residence requires for your visa application. Please provide as much information as possible to avoid delays in receiving your letter.
- What template do I use for my paper?
All FIE manuscripts use the IEEE manuscript template, found here.
- What is the page limit for my paper?
The page limit for Works in Progress is 4 pages, with 1 additional page for references.
The page limit for all other papers is 8 pages, with 1 additional page for references. There are no exceptions.
- Can my full paper be changed to a Work in Progress? Can my Work in Progress be changed to a full paper?
Tracks cannot be changed after the review manuscript deadline.
- Are WIP manuscripts published in the proceedings?
Yes, if all requirements are met, WIPs will be published in the conference proceedings exactly like full papers. Each accepted manuscript must have 1 author register for the conference at the full rate (not student), and the author must attend the conference in person and present the paper.
- How do I upload my paper?
Review manuscripts can only be uploaded after your abstract is accepted. Review manuscripts can only be uploaded after the notification date of February 4.
- What is the PDF eXpress Conference ID?
The PDF eXpress Conference ID is 43999x.
- Do I have to attend the conference to present my paper?
Yes, at least one author from each paper must attend the conference to present the paper in person. Your paper will not be published otherwise. See registration requirements above.
- Can I change the paper title?
Yes. Please do so in your EDAS paper record before the final paper deadline.
- How do I become a reviewer?
Please send an email to Ileana Canizares indicating that you would like to be a reviewer for FIE 2019. All authors are expected to serve as reviewers.